Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress The Hollies Chords And Lyrics For Guitar

long cool woman in a black dress song

Over the years whenever I heard it I would get a jolt of energy and expect good things to occur. 12 years ago I meet a beautiful women in a black dress she was so sexy and cool and thinking of this song I struck up a conversation. I am now 52 years old and it still is magic to me. I never heard the CCR connection...I thought people were crazy to hear them..nothing like them...musically or vocally.

Of all the songs that were broadcast, this is the one I remember most. The reverb on the guitar and vocals gives it an even more distant, nostalgic place in my long memory. For years, I listened to this song on tiny clock radios with one low-fidelity speaker.

LONG COOL WOMAN IN A BLACK DRESS –

There is no question that Credence influenced the guitar riffs and even some of the vocal style on this wonderful song. The correct lyrics are available at leoslyrics.com. My husband was in a band that played all over the country in the 70’s.

So far, I've seen no intelligent comments on the story of this song. The DA was pumping his left hand while the long cool woman held his right. Traditionally, one shakes hands with the right. Love rock and roll when it tells stories, but would like to know if anyone knows what the story is.

Know any other songs by The Hollies? Don't keep it to yourself!

After “Long Cool Woman” became a hit in the US, Clarke rethought his solo career and came back. The group released one album with Rickfors, Romany in 1972, before Clarke took back his position. Me too, I love this song, so different than the other hits of the Hollies, there is a good beat on it. I got into this song from the Remember the Titans soundtrack.

I think that "Would You Believe" is my favorite Hollies song, and I was really pleased to hear "King Midas in Reverse" used in The Limey. It was wonderful seeing most of the group on the R&R Hall of Fame induction, but I was disappointed that Tony wasn't there. Thank you so much for posting these lyrics! All the history and explanation are wonderful too. Of course, I would never dare the argue with lyrics posted on the HOLLIES own website, but one of the last lines sounds a little different to me. By the way, my friend suggested "Well a shotgun was pumped in my left hand" for the beginning of the last verse.

Artists

He fell in love with a mysterious 'long cool woman' wearing a black dress in an extraordinary situation such as a police raid on some den of vice. Today’s Song Lyric Sunday prompts have been suggested by Paula from Light Motifs II. They are Suit, Pants, Dress and Shirt. I always liked it because it was so different from what the Hollies had previously recorded and to me it was reminiscent of songs from Creedence Clearwater Revival.

I thought the guitar player might also be using a Capo, because the low e string sounds pretty trebly during throughout the song. Clarke is credited as co-writer along with veteran UK songsmiths Greenaway and Cooke, who once recorded a cover of The Beatles' "Michelle" as David & Jonathan. General CommentBogFrog, it's set in the Prohibition era (1920's-30's) in the U.S. The singer is working undercover for the FBI at a speakeasy. He's about to call the District Attorney to blow the whistle on some illicit activity when he hears/sees a tall beautiful blonde woman in a black dress singing.

Similar Artists

It was interesting to see that John Fogerty had also noticed the similarities and had secured an out of court settlement. Whatever your desire concerning , Song Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress is definitely the dress for you. Take a look for yourself and all that this product offers and see it exceed your expectations. Gaana is the one-stop solution for all your music needs. Gaana offers you free, unlimited access to over 30 million Hindi Songs, Bollywood Music, English MP3 songs, Regional Music & Mirchi Play.

long cool woman in a black dress song

After she finishes the song she heads toward his table. Just then the police raid the place (how they found out about it, when our hero never placed his call, and why he gets the credit from the D.A. for the successful bust, is not explained). No matter, our hero winds up with a medal and the girl. Kinda reminds me of that fantastic movie, L.A. Confidential (even if that took place in the 1950's) where Russell Crowe's hardboiled cop character ends up with Kim Bassinger. I have heard that every one of us has a special music running deep inside our soul and whatever music we love in our lives has something in common with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment